Ever hear the phrase, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day?”
Yeah, me to. Probably a thousand times (sigh)… but why is it so important? Don’t we have enough going on in the morning with our already busy schedules? Do we really need to concern ourselves with breakfast?
The short answer is yes, we do. But why?
After doing a little research it was easy to find out why breakfast is so important. See below:
3 Reasons Why You Should Eat Breakfast
Reason #1 (the more scientific version):
- In the morning when you wake up, it is fair to say that you probably haven’t eaten any food since dinner or some late night snacking. At minimum, you have probably gone 10 hours without any food or water. During that time, your body naturally releases glycogen to maintain a steady blood/sugar level. As time passes, your Glycogen stores deplete leaving you feeling lethargic and groggy. Since Glucose is the body’s energy source, we need more food (healthy food hopefully) in order to recharge our body. Breakfast restores the bodies glucose levels.
- Healthy breakfast provides essentially vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids to help build up your immune system and maintain peak performance. In other words, it can help prevent illness.
- Maintain optimal body weight, retain muscle mass, provide mental clarity, and focus (mental clarity and focus come from not being distracted by your own hunger).
As you might be able to tell, feeding our bodies shortly after waking up is critical to feeling our best, energizing our bodies, and preparing ourselves for the day (both mentally and physically). After all, it’s hard to have a successful day without first having a successful morning, right?
Ok, ok… breakfast is important… we get it! So how do we have a healthy, well balanced, nutrient packed breakfast that will turbo charge our day but not consume a lot of our time?
BECOME A BREAKFAST NINJA and start of your day with a nutrient dense shake
The breakfast shake outlined below is designed to check all of the “healthy” boxes and make you feel like a ninja (my personal goal). Plus, it takes less than 5 minutes to make and is actually quite tasty.
Here ya go!
1) Orgain protein from Costco (organic / plant based – flavor if based on preference)
2) Scoop of peanut butter (organic, low sugar)
3) Chia Seeds (Costco has a big bag at really low price)
4) half or full frozen banana (depending on preference) – no ice needed for shake because of the frozen banana
5) Water or almond/coconut milk (again, preference) – personally, I use a mix of water and almond milk because I don’t like the shake to be to thick.
6) Nice size hand full of spinach
Optional ingredients (this is what I personally add):
1) One servicing of MCT oil (supports energy, weight management, mental clarity, and focus) – I purchase on Amazon.
2) One serving of Cacao powder (contains a high amount of Polyphenols which are naturally occurring antioxidants – this can help lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and reduce inflammation). – Also Amazon.
How to prepare:
This is very simple to prepare. Start by adding a serving of each ingredient you would like into your blender, then add approx. 1.5-2 cups on water of almond/coconut milk. Blend for 30 second, and lastly, enjoy!!!
Note: If you are making this for two or more people, then simply scale the servings/ingredients/liquid (water or almond/coconut milk) accordingly.
Hope you enjoy the shake and it helps improve your ninja skills!
All the best!
Want to buy, sell, or invest in real estate?
Silva Realty Team can help!
We cover Sacramento & Placer County in California with a special focus on Roseville, Rocklin, Loomis, Penryn, Lincoln, Newcastle, Orangevale, & North Natomas (Sacramento).